Kingdom of Isenhorst
From Black Gold Online Wiki
|This article is a stub. You can help Black Gold Online Wiki by .|
This article is a stub. You can help Black Gold Online Wiki by .
Kingdom of Isenhorst[edit | edit source]
- The Adventurer Hoka
- Since time immemorial, the Kingdom of Isenhorst has been the domain of the Lokemean Dwarves. An optimistic yet stubborn race, their history is filled with individuals forsaking the gods for science and technology. This energetic focus led to the development of the world’s most advanced steam technologies. A pleasure in precision matched by the Dwarven love of beauty filled Lokemea with grand mechanical structures, including the crowning achievement of Steam Castle.
- Content with their lives of research and prosperity, no Dwarf sought to question the monolithic mountains of Ellescadia that formed an impassable border to what is now known as the Eastern Continent. No Dwarf, that is, until the genius technologist and explorer Hoka began to put his formidable mind to the quest. Taken from his memoirs:
- "When did the idea take root? A long-answered and complex question. When I was a dwarfling, my father and his would take me digging and forging. That was the beginning of my travels. One day we journeyed to the foot of the Ellescadia. Standing at one of the mountain’s base – I forget now which – I realized how small I was. And then the question: What is on the other side? I tried to push it to the back of my mind, and live a contented life amongst my peers and relations. After years of study, and many journeys through Lokemea, I was left with a vast and looming challenge. I decided to follow my dreams, and find a way to fly over those mountains."
- Hoka’s projects and research created an uproar among the conservative Lokemeans, who even to the date of this writing view the intrepid explorer with derision. From his memoirs:
- “Living as I did, with a black Prospector’s Beard, the only comforts were research and liquor. I felt like I was in the deepest of mines, with no sign of gold. That is, until Pablo and the others showed up. After our first night of drinking, the factory sprang into life. For the third test of our new flying machine, Pablo drew the small wrench. I still see his eager smile in my mind. The explosion that followed, I still see in my nightmares. We then decided that the best way to honor Pablo was by completing our task. On our successful flight over, our base camp was known as Pablo Town.”
- Having successfully reached the Eastern Continent of Erlandir, Hoka and his team continued to journey into this new land. Marveling at its beauty and tranquility, they met the other races of the landwho dwelt there. Finding an affinity with the curious and short-lived Humans, Hoka laid the foundation for all that followed by teaching them about steam technology.