From Black Gold Online Wiki
The Yuton are one of six races in Black Gold Online.
Yutonian Humans[edit | edit source]
- The Yutonians were among the first to settle in the ancient land of Erlandir, one of the original races created by the Goddess of Light. Taken under the rule of Kosh as a protectorate nation, the humans were left alone to govern themselves. Although posing no real threat to the Kosh, their curiosity of magic is heavily frowned upon: ones that learned too much were executed.
- When Hoca brought steam technology to the Eastern continent, the Yutonian humans saw it as their salvation, their chance to break free from Kosh rule. As a result, their fascination for steam power lead to their mass exile. The majority that followed Hoca eventually became the Buvont. Families that rejected steam power stayed behind, relocated their settlements across the mountain borders.
- When war has reached their doorstep after generations of peace, the Yutonians chose to unite under the Erlandir Union, fighting alongside with Kosh and the barbaric Aurek.
- Faction: Erlandir
- Allies: Kosh, Aurek
- Language: Human, Common Tongue
- Available Classes: Elementalist, Demon Hunter, Alchemist
- Character Traits: Capricious yet traditional, curious yet reserved
- Physique: Balanced figure between 5’6 to 6’5 with sharp eyes and slender peripherals. Being forest and mountain roamers, Yutonians prefer to be lighter on foot with extensive use of leather armor.
Fall of the Yutonian Dynasty[edit | edit source]
- After the slaughter of his army outside the White Marshes, Emperor Akan sent Mazir, a religious leader with a deep hatred for humanity, to watch over these humans, and ensure that no further crises arose. The Yutonian Dynasty was all but finished.
- The human subjects of the Kosh fell succumbed to despair, their ruler to madness. Bitter and humiliated, Thurian, son of the Old King, withdrew from the public eye, and left major matters in the hands of his ministers. His people, desperate for leadership, found none.
- Rumors arose of a strange religious movement in the Daybreak Hills: the Hidden Flame. It promised the weary humans lessons in dark magic, and told them to rebel against the Kosh.
- The Kosh nobility in the region reacted swiftly to contain the fires of rebellion. Qolom, a powerful Kosh mage, arrived to oversee the search for the renegade religion and oversee the human monarch, much to Mazir's displeasure. And with him, he brought General Chakza.
The Revolution[edit | edit source]
- Chakza found an unexpected ally in Namian, the younger brother of the king. Sogia's child had grown into a quiet young man who was determined to improve the lives of his people. The human and the Kosh spoke often, and soon became friends. Chakza, secretly enraged by the treatment of the humans, convinced the prince that a coup was the only option.
- King Namian's first act was to appoint and Chakza and Qolom to his cabinet, a grand gesture of his trust of his Kosh allies. Ignored and disgraced, Mazir returned to the capital.
The Forging of an Alliance[edit | edit source]
- The Yutonians thrived under Namian's benevolent rule. Alas, these times would not last. Without warning, the Upyrian Vampires attacked, slaughtering Kosh and human alike, and seizing Black Gold to power their dark magic and fuel their machines. King Namian had no choice but to go to war against his former people, and his own brother.
- The humans, Kosh and Aureks fought side by side, and slowly forced the Upyrians to retreat. The Kosh were forced to realize that without the “lesser races” they would have lost.
- On that day, the Erlandir Union was forged.